By P. McDonald, R. a. Edwards, J. F. D. Greenhalgh, C. A. Morgan, L. A. Sinclair
The most up-to-date version of this vintage textual content has been reorganised to supply a transparent and accomplished creation to the technological know-how and perform of animal meals. Animal Nutrition is divided into six major sections masking: The elements of meals; The digestion and metabolism of foodstuff; Quantifying the nutrient content material of meals: digestibility, strength and protein values; The nutrient necessities of animals; The dietary features of meals; and Animal items and human foodstuff. The Appendices presents finished tables at the composition of meals and feeding criteria for dairy and red meat livestock, sheep, pigs and chook, and horses.
The textual content is supported through key experimental facts all through. Quantitative facets of the topic are basically defined and illustrated by means of labored examples. difficulties and ideas have now been extra to all chapters to help scholar studying.
Read Online or Download Animal Nutrition PDF
Similar nutrition books
Entire relations food is a one-stop visible advisor to the simplest, such a lot balanced vitamin for each friend. no matter what your wishes, this e-book is like vacationing your own nutritionist. Written through relied on nutritionist Jane Clarke, this ebook publications mom and dad on fit foodstuff offerings for his or her households, utilizing adapted recommendation for each age workforce, from babies to adults.
This e-book describes the actual and chemical results of radiation interplay with topic. starting with the actual foundation for the absorption of charged particle radiations, basics of Radiation Chemistry offers a scientific account of the formation of goods, together with the character and houses of intermediate species.
Within the background of the overseas Plant nutrients Colloquium from its first assembly in 1954, this assembly, the thirteenth Colloquium, is the 1st to be held in Asia and should be the final within the twentieth century. the twentieth century has obvious large alterations within the quantity and actions of mankind. Our inhabitants has elevated from round 1.
- Live in the Balance: The Ground-breaking East-West Nutrition Program
- Chew On This: Everything You Don't Want to Know About Fast Food
- The phytozyme cure: treat or reverse more than 30 serious health conditions with powerful plant nutrients
- Integrative Wildlife Nutrition
- Fluids & electrolytes : a 2-in-1 reference for nurses
Extra info for Animal Nutrition
In this method the sample is combusted in pure oxygen; the products are carbon dioxide, water, oxides of nitrogen and nitrogen. The carbon dioxide and water are absorbed on columns and the oxides of nitrogen are converted to nitrogen with a column packed with copper; the resulting total nitrogen is determined in a thermal conductivity detector. This method, although expensive in equipment, is rapid and does not rely on hazardous chemicals. Knowledge of the crude protein content of a food is not a sufficient measure of its usefulness for non-ruminants.
5. Starch is determined by polarimetry. 14 8. Gas–liquid chromatography is used to determine individual amino acids, fatty acids and certain vitamins. 9. Near-infrared reflectance spectroscopy is used routinely to determine food characteristics and to predict nutritive value. Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy is a research technique for determining the chemical structure of food components. Further reading FURTHER READING Agricultural and Food Research Council 1987 Technical Committee on Responses to Nutrients, report no.
3). 5 times as effective as linoleic acid. Mammals cannot synthesise fatty acids with double bonds closer than carbon atom 9 from the terminal methyl group. Such acids have to be supplied in the diet. Linoleic acid (18:2n-6) and ␣-linolenic acid (18:3 n-3) are thus dietary essentials. Arachidonic acid is synthesised in the body from linoleic acid. 1). Linoleic and ␣-linolenic acids are referred to as the essential fatty acids (EFA). Like other polyunsaturated acids, they form part of various membranes and play a part in lipid transport and certain lipoprotein enzymes.