By Dr. Eric L. Einspruch
An Introductory consultant to SPSS® for Windows®, moment version develops SPSS talents utilizing pattern courses illustrating tips on how to behavior the analyses usually lined in an introductory records direction. during the e-book, information are analyzed and SPSS output are interpreted within the context of analysis questions. Boldface textual content is used to point operations or offerings the reader might want to make whilst operating SPSS. workouts also are incorporated, with suggestions supplied within the appendix. This moment version has been up-to-date to SPSS model 12.0, and comprises new SPSS beneficial properties, together with how one can recode information utilizing the visible Bander and the way to learn textual content information utilizing the textual content Import Wizard.
Read or Download An Introductory Guide to SPSS® for Windows, Second Edition PDF
Best economy books
With staff expense usually exceeding forty in keeping with cent of company fee, measuring the worth of this human capital is key. This reseource finds how one can do it and is helping managers make certain easy methods to make investments so much successfully in human efficient power.
The 6th variation of The Economics of cash, Banking, and fiscal Markets represents the main wide revision up to now of this market-leading textbook. Drawing from his carrier as govt vp and Director of analysis on the Federal Reserve financial institution of latest York, Mishkin presents clean, completely up to date insurance of and plenty of new insights into the financial coverage strategy, the operation of the Federal Reserve, the legislation and supervision of the economic system, and the internationalization of monetary markets.
- From Bad Policy to Chaos in Somalia: How an Economy Fell Apart
- Handbook Of Population And Family Economics, Vol. 1b, part 2
- Changing Governance of Local Economies: Responses of European Local Production Systems
- Cults: A Reference Handbook, Second Edition (Contemporary World Issues)
- Dynamics of Markets: The New Financial Economics, 2nd edition
- Monitoring Sweatshops: Workers, Consumers, and the Global Apparel Industry
Extra resources for An Introductory Guide to SPSS® for Windows, Second Edition
9 Select Cases Dialog Box Now select If condition is satisfied, and then click the If . . button. Click on the variable “c” from the list on the left, then type “ = 1” (you could also use the function and number pads to enter “ = 1”). 10. qxd 2/14/2005 12:59 PM Page 45 Data Manipulation Click the Continue button, and, finally, click the OK button to select the cases. When you select cases, you will notice that in the Data Editor window, a slash mark appears through the record number of those cases that were not selected (the selected cases, which remain available for analysis, do not have a slash mark through their record numbers).
14 (depending on how your Preferences are set). 14 Chart Drawn With Default Specifications Double-click the chart to enter the “Chart Editor” window. There are many things you can do with your chart once you are in this window. qxd 2/14/2005 6:06 PM Page 31 Running SPSS For example, I would like to change the scale of the Y-axis so that the percentages are displayed in a range from 0 to 100 (I encourage you to display the full range whenever you are using percentages as an axis scale unless you have a particular reason to do otherwise).
3. qxd 2/14/2005 5:42 PM Page 53 Managing Data Files Click the Next button to go to the third step. Note that the data begin on the first line, that each case requires only one line, and that we want to import all the data. 4. 4 Text Import Wizard Third Dialog Box Click the Next button to go to the fourth step. Click in the data view area to insert vertical lines indicating where each variable starts. You may need to refer to the codebook to remind yourself of the column positions for each variable.